- City of New West Dog Adoption Form
- City of New West Cat Adoption Form
- City of New West Small Animal & Bird Adoption Form
- Dhana Metta Rescue Society Adoption Form
- Dhana Metta Rescue Society Foster Application
- Computer Policy
- Computer Printer Policy
- Gift Acceptance Policy
- Internal Controls
- Mobile Device Policy
- Social Media Templates
- Volunteer Handbook
- A Voice 4 Paws Education and Info section provides links to a variety of important information, such as how children should greet a dog and creating a pet emergency kit.
- BC Chihuahua Rescue Society provides information on what to expect from an ethical breed rescue and breed specific information on chihuahuas.
- Canadian Disaster Animal Response Team has extensive resources to prepare for natural disasters and evacuations.
- Cat Therapy & Rescue Society provides Cat Care Tips.
- CatSpan Registered Charity provides resources on Feral Cat Care.
- Cross Our Paws Rescue Society provides valuable information on cat and dog health.
- Dees Orphan Kitten Fund provides specific information on how to care for a kitten.
- HugABull Rescue and Advocacy Society provides resources around dog behaviour, rescue, adoption, and management.
- Lakes Animal Friendship Society has many resources on humane education, including books and activities for children.
BC SPCA Reports
Van der Velden, M. 2019. Is it possible to herd cats? Reporting on five years addressing cat overpopulation in British Columbia, Canada (PDF). BC SPCA: Vancouver, Canada
This document serves as a summary version of a review of five years working to address cat overpopulation across the province and shares learnings with other sheltering organizations, cat rescue groups, and cat colony caretakers, with the aim of seeing broad-scale positive change improving the lives of cats across North America.
Kay A, Coe JB, Young I and Pearl D. 2018. Factors influencing time to adoption for dogs in a provincial shelter system in Canada. Journal of Applied Animal Welfare Science DOI: 10.1080/10888705.2018.1436917
South C. 2016. How to say ‘spay’ (PDF). BC SPCA UBC Research Report
This research set out to gain deeper insights into the motivations of cat owners considering spay/neuter choices regarding their owned animals, to advance the development of a pro-social messaging toolkit for use in this area, and to gain a richer understanding of community attitudes towards cat overpopulation issues at large.
- AnimalKind Dog Training standards.
- Review of dog training methods: welfare, learning ability, and current standards.
- Vancouver Orphan Kitten Rescue Association provides extensive resources on feline care.
- Vancouver Rabbit Rescue provides a Rabbit 101.
- Victoria Humane Society provides information on bringing home a new pet.